Juno Lighting Group, a subsidiary of Schneider Electric, has announced that several products within its Indy Designer Series of LED downlights for commercial applications now carry the ENERGY STAR mark…
Juno Lighting Group, a subsidiary of Schneider Electric, has announced that several products within its Indy Designer Series of LED downlights for commercial applications now carry the ENERGY STAR mark on their labeling.
The ENERGY STAR program is led by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy as a national effort to assist consumers and buyers in choosing the most energy-efficient, environmentally friendly products that consume fewer resources and provide significant cost savings. To earn the ENERGY STAR Star label, commercial lighting products such as the Indy Designer Series LED downlight portfolio must meet a list of rigorous energy efficiency and quality criteria, and use at least 75% less energy and last 35 times longer than incandescent lighting.
Products that are ENERGY STAR-qualified include 4” and 6” round and square recessed downlights, 9” cylinders with clear specular, clear semi-specular or clear satin reflectors, 1100 lm or 2000 lm light engines and 3000K, 3500K and 4100K color temperatures. Known for their ability to produce nearly 1,000 to 1,800 lumens of pure white light from only 18 to 34 watts of energy respectively, the Indy Designer Series of LED downlights are well suited to a wide range of commercial applications.
To earn the ENERGY STAR mark for commercial lighting, LED products must pass a variety of tests that meet stringent requirements and prove they meet a specific list of criteria to ensure high quality including:
– Brightness is equal to or greater than existing lighting technologies (incandescent or fluorescent) and light is well distributed over the area lighted by the fixture.
– Light output remains constant over time.
– Excellent color quality. The shade of white light appears clear and consistent over time.
– Efficiency is as good as or better than fluorescent lighting.
– Light comes on instantly when turned on.
– No flicker when dimmed.
– No off-state power draw. The fixture does not use power when it is turned off, with the exception of external controls, whose power should not exceed 0.5 watts in the off state.
For a complete listing of the Indy Designer Series LED Energy Star qualified products as well as detailed specification sheets, click here and search “Indy LED Energy Star.”