Three major lighting industry award programs are currently accepting nominations and submissions.
WIL Awards 2022
The WIL Awards highlight the achievements of women in lighting. They seek to celebrate outstanding women in the following categories for 2022: Light Art, Research and Education, and Engineering. The award makes these women visible and shares them with the world.
The WIL Awards are seeking nominations for women working in these lighting fields whose work you find unique, inspiring, worthy, and believe the community should know about. The deadline to submit nominations is April 30, 2022. More information on the awards is here.
Retrofit Magazine is now accepting submissions for its fourth-annual Metamorphosis Awards, honoring architects, designers and contractors for excellence in renovation, retrofits, and more. View the 2019, 2020 and 2021 winners. The awards recognize outstanding work retrofitting commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
- Entrants must be an architect, designer, contractor or another member of the design/construction team.
- Projects must be completed between Jan. 1, 2020, and July 15, 2022.
- New construction projects are not eligible.
- Projects must be built; on-the-boards drawings are not eligible.
- Projects previously published in retrofit or on www.retrofitmagazine.com are eligible for the Metamorphosis Awards.
- Entry of a single project in more than one category is permitted as long as the entry meets each category’s definition. (There is no limit to the number of entries a firm can have in any category.)
- Entries must be anonymous. During the submission process, do not upload your narrative on company letterhead or include company logos on images/drawings. (Judges will not see team/materials lists.)
- By submitting an entry, entrants acknowledge wording from applications and submissions may be used as submitted or in edited versions by retrofit staff.
- The cost per entry is $135.
The submission deadline is July 15, 2022. More information is available here.
LEDs Magazine and its parent company, Endeavor Business Media, have launched a new recognition program, the LEDs Magazine BrightStar Awards. Like its predecessor, LEDs Magazine’s Sapphire Awards, the BrightStar Awards aims to recognize ingenuity in commercial product offerings across the LED and solid-state lighting (SSL) supply chain. The entry fee is $595, however, a $100 discount is available for multiple entries.
The submission deadline is April 22, 2022. More information is available here.