This presentation will provide you with an overview of the Model Lighting Ordinance (MLO) developed by IES in association with International Dark Sky Association. Participants will learn how the MLO:
* Permits reasonable uses of outdoor lighting for night-time safety, utility, security, productivity, enjoyment and commerce
* Minimizes adverse off-site impacts including light trespass and obtrusive light
* Curtails light pollution and improves the nighttime environment for night-sky viewing and astronomy
* Helps protect the natural environment from the adverse effects of night lighting from gas or electric sources
* Conserves energy and resources to the greatest extent possible
Cost: $195 for the Live Event. No handout or post-webcast recording for this event. Duration: approx. 45 minutes, plus Q&A (60 minutes total).
Continuing Education Eligibility: (1) IES CEU / AIA LU / USGBC CE credit
Audio: Phone audio is limited to the first 300 callers; streaming computer audio unlimited.
Facilitators: All participants must complete the post-webcast Survey to receive CEU credits, which requires facilitators to capture participant email addresses