Legrand now offers touchless Wave Switches to reduce the spread of germs. Wave Switches allow users to turn lights (or small motors) on and off with a simple wave of their hand. Wave Switches install easily in place of an existing switch to offer clean and convenient control – no contact required. They’re available in both the radiant and adorne style Collections, in both 15 Amp and 20 Amp versions. They’re also perfect for turning the lights on or off when your hands are full or messy, especially in entryways or next to a kitchen sink.
In addition to touchless operation to improve hygene, the switches can also be purchased with a Microbanantimicrobial technology that reduces the growth of bacteria on the surface of the switch.
Wave Switches are designed for shared spaces in commercial, educational, hospitality and office environments, as well as in ” residential kitchens, bathrooms and more. Usable in single-pole or 3-way applications, this solution also features durable design to withstand rigorous cleaning practices and an adjustable internal sensor.
Additional features include:
• For use in both residential and commercial applications
• Adjustable internal sensor to respond to movement from 1″-6″ from the switch face, to fit your space and needs.
• Wave Switches must be paired with adorne or radiant screwless Wall Plates, available in a range of colors and finishes.
• Installs easily in 15 minutes or less, into an existing electrical box.
• Usable in both single-pole and 3-way applications
• Includes a rating of up to 3/4 HP for adding touchless control to small motors.
More information is available here.