Seven smart-building companies are joining forces to bring more attention to the value of Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) lighting and technology. The companies created an industry organization known as the PoE Consortium. Their collective mission is to educate stakeholders on the benefits of PoE over traditional high-voltage electrical infrastructure, including more interoperability for smart buildings.
The founding members of the PoE Consortium are:
- Igor, specializing in enterprise smart building infrastructure, software and online services
- GENISYS PoE, a PoE lighting system manufactured by Innovative Lighting
- Mecho, a leader in the commercial shading industry
- MHT, a PoE-based smart building lighting, technology, and software controls company
- Platformatics, specializing in data collection and storage for complex building systems
- PoE Texas, delivering PoE enabled amenities and building automation
- Sinclair Digital Services, a design and implementation firm with a focus on DC microgrids, battery energy storage systems, and associated Software Platforms.
The PoE Consortium maintains an online hub of resources for education and training here. Explainer articles, project calculators, and case studies are currently available on the site. Soon, the site will include training and qualification courses for installers and integrators to ensure the quality of PoE projects.