A recent LEDs Magazine article laid out ways that the lighting industry supply chain problems are not only changing constantly, but likely getting worse:
- Shanghai lockdowns for roughly 6 weeks are significantly impacting both factories and the port there, adding delays. Shanghai is the world’s largest shipping port.
- The war in Ukraine is impacting steel, aluminum, and some other commodity prices.
- The microchip shortage continues to impact drivers and smart lighting components.
- Commodity prices in general continue to rise.
- Long-term container backlogs at US ports have eased, however, providing one bright spot.
You can read the full story here.