In the Summer of 2021, StressCrete provided a turn-key solution to help revitalize Main Street in Fredericksburg, Texas, a small town in Texas Hill Country. The solution combined:
- 30’ Washington poles with flag holders, banner arms, and flowerpot-holders;
- K807 Doral Sr. Pendants for the roadway; and
- twin K707 Doral Jr. Pendants for pedestrian sidewalks.
30 sets of the decorative luminaires and poles were carefully paired by StressCrete Group and its partners: Wesco (distributor) and FAPCo (rep). Unique features of the decorative streetlight & pole solution include:
- Pole Adders for increased decorative options:
- Flag Holders
- Banner Arms
- Flowerpot Holders
- Dark-sky performance – zero uplight
- 3000K for visual comfort
- Turn-Key solution provided in partnership with the distributor, rep, and contractor
- Efficient photometrics utilizing existing pole locations and city infrastructure
To achieve the desired aesthetic look, additional engineering work was required to ensure adequate strength in the poles to accommodate all of the additional loading. WESCO, FAPCo, StressCrete Group, and the contractor provided a complete solution that delivers adequate light levels, utilized existing pole locations, accommodated existing city infrastructure, provided all of the required banner, flag, and flowerpot decoration mountings, and still achieved the desired improved aesthetic. The City of Fredericksburg now enjoys a renewed sense of pride in their Main Street and is now planning to extend the revitalization to other areas of the city.
Read the full case study here.