One of my more interesting finds at LightFair was Concealite’s booth. An example is their 5000 Series Emergency Lighting, which includes a self-contained battery system (see image).
Typical emergency lighting fixtures are obtrusive and interrupt the aesthetic beauty of interior designs. Concealite offers an elegant alternative to “bug eyes”. Only when the system is activated, do the high-powered lamps become visible, rotating 180 degrees to begin operation. The result is a clean, almost invisible installation that does not conflict with building interiors. Additional features include:
- Units can be customized in the field using paint, wallpaper, or applique finishes.
- Designed for wall or ceiling installations, including gypsum board, plaster, or acoustical tile.
- Choice of standard 90 minute, 2 hour or 4 hour operation.
- Self-diagnostic controls are an available option.
- Listed to UL Standard #924 when installed in accordance to Article 700 of the National Electrical Code.
The company has applied the same approach to motion detectors, offering a discreet and vandal-resistant alternative to visible surface mount detectors. Only when the commercial or residential security system is activated does the detector become visible, rotating 180 degrees to begin operation (image above).
Similarly, the company offers concealed UV disinfecting lighting, fire alarms, and exit signs. To learn more, visit their website here.